Thursday, January 20, 2011

Biography

I come from a large family, I have four sisters and one brother and I'm the oldest.  I have five nephews and two nieces with hopefully another one on the way, we will find out next month!  I spent my school years here in St. Joseph, MO and spent my summer's in Aurora, CO!  Family came from both places so we got to enjoy both.  I love to read, there has never been a book I have yet to find that I just didn't like and could not finish.  Classmates will find that I will always volunteer to read and I pretty much write when I have to.  I found last semester that some things are easier to write about than others and hope to find my way through it this semester.  My strengths in reading are that I can usually read something once and be able to remember it, writing not so much.  I find that sometimes my words seem to run together so I have to keep reading my own papers over and over until even I understand what I wrote.

3 comments:

  1. Hi April,

    Welcome back! I'm happy that you have chosen to enroll in 104 with me.

    I'm actually presenting at a conference in Pueblo, CO in February. Is Pueblo anywhere near Aurora? What did you enjoy about it?

    I thank you for volunteering this semester. Obviously, this week I have seen the students I had last semester are more comfortable than students that I have not had -- when I ask students to read a loud. Reading a loud for many of your peers can be intimidating, but I'm glad that you aren't!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pueblo is about an hour and a half away from Aurora! If you've never been there you will love it, actually you'd love it either way:). I have no problem volunteering, I like to read a loud and I feel comfortable in your class talking and voicing my opinions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi April,

    Sadly, I won't be in Pueblo for very long, but hopefully, I will have time to check out the sites. The conference is being held at the University.

    I'm glad that you are comfortable in class and speaking out.

    ReplyDelete