Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Experiences with reading and writing

Before this course I thought that it would be more reading than writing.  I'm glad that we got the chance to write, it prepares you for your future classes.

There was not anything I was unsure of prior to this class.

I read a lot, I have always been a reader.  I enjoy sitting for hours reading a book, most of the time I will stay up till two or three in the morning just because I can't put a book down.  My house is like a library.  I took a writing class in high school, but we never had to write anything on our own, it was always a group story we would write.  I took English 104 in high school also and the only essay I remember writing was a summary and analysis on "Othello" by William Shakespeare.  I'm sure we wrote on other stories also, but that particular one I remember, because I liked it so much.

2 comments:

  1. HI April,

    I'm glad that you enjoy the opportunity of writing. You have some talents as a writer. I was most happy with the first draft this semester. I can tell that it was something of interest to you and at times, these make the best papers. What do you enjoy writing more: academic essays or personal essays?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy writing personal essays, just because it has in someone affected me. When I tell people stories of things that I have done or seen, it always seems they are more interested in hearing them. Plus the obvious is that they are easier to write! :)

    ReplyDelete