Monday, November 29, 2010

Literacy Autobiography question

What about your present educational story? Is college what you expected? Have you learned or gained anything?  Have your perceptions of learning been changed or challenged?
College is more than I expected.  I knew it would be tough since I have been out of school for so long, I just didn't realize that I would need to adjust my life around it as much as I have.  I no longer have "down time", if I'm not doing something involving family, cleaning house, shopping, or reading my books that I have, I am doing homework or studying for classes.  Now all my work is basically done online and it is up to me to complete it.  When in high school it was done in the class.  I read more now than I did in high school also.  Reading I don't mind, because I have always liked to read, I just feel as though I read more school than I do for leisure.  I hope to catch up on some reading over Christmas break.

1 comment:

  1. Hi April,

    You pose four questions, which you only seem to answer one. Let's focus on the one that you do answer: Is college what you expected? Why do you think college is more than you expected? For instance, how many hours are you taking? What courses are you taking? It may depend on the actual courses which may determine why you don't have much time. Do you think it is different than HS? Would it have been any different if you went to college after graduating HS?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete